Strawberry Fool (Light)
A traditional Fool is made with generous amounts whipped heavy cream with fruit gently folded in. This lighter alternative uses sour cream and yogurt and originated in Cooking Light. I have adapted it a bit to my own tastes and preferences.
- Ready In:
- 2hrs 15mins
- 3 cups strawberries, sliced
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1⁄4 cup confectioners' sugar
- 2 tablespoons packed light brown sugar
- 1 pint plain nonfat yogurt
- 3 tablespoons low-fat sour cream
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract (use the clear kind if you have it)
- Combine strawberries and granulated sugar in a large bowl. Cover and chill 2 hours.
- Combine brown sugar, confectioners sugar, vanilla extract and yogurt and sour cream in a blender. Blend for a minute or two so that the sugars are blended in and you have incorporated a bit of air in the dairy mix. (i've also done this with an immersion blender.) Turn out into a covered bowl and chill for 2 hours.
- Just before serving, gently fold the strawberry mixture into the yogurt mixture until swirled.