1/1 Photo of 60 Minute Rolls
I learned to make these in 4-H and havn't found a recipe since that is so good and so easy. You can make these into any shape you want: crescents, knots, coils, twists or a simple roll.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Mix thoroughly in large bowl: 1½ cups flour, sugar, salt and undissolved yeast.
- 2Combine milk, water and margarine in a saucepan.
- 3Heat over low heat until liquids are very warm (120º-130ºF). Butter does not need to melt.
- 4Gradually add to dry ingredients and beat 2 minutes at medium speed with electric mixer, scraping bowl occasionally.
- 5Add ½ cup flour, beat at high speed 2 minutes.
- 6Stir in enough additional flour to make a soft dough.
- 7Turn onto light floured board; knead until smooth and elastic, about 5 minutes.
- 8Place in greased bowl, turning to grease top.
- 9Cover, place bowl in pan of water about 98ºF. Let rise 15 minutes.
- 10Turn dough out onto floured board.
- 11Roll golf-ball sized pieces with the dough.
- 12Place three balls of dough into each cup of greased muffin tin.
- 13Cover, let rise in warm place (about 90ºF) 15 minutes.
- 14Bake at 425º about 12 minutes or until done.
- 15Remove from muffin tin and let cool on wire rack.
Browse Our Top Rolls/Biscuits Recipes
Nutritional Facts for 60 Minute Rolls
Serving Size: 1 (925 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1189.9
- Calories from Fat 274
- Total Fat 30.5 g
- Saturated Fat 17.8 g
- Cholesterol 78.0 mg
- Sodium 1437.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 196.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 9.1 g
- Sugars 19.4 g
- Protein 31.6 g