60-Minute Rolls (Food Processor)
- Ready In:
- 2 (1/4 ounce) packages active dry yeast
- 3 tablespoons granulated sugar, divided
- 1⁄2 cup warm water (105-115 degrees)
- 1 1⁄4 cups milk
- 5 cups bread flour
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 2 tablespoons butter or 2 tablespoons margarine, cut into pieces
- Combine yeast, 1 Tablespoon sugar, and warm water in a 2-cup liquid measuring cup; let stand 5 minutes. Add milk to yeast mixture and stir.
- In a food processor, combine flour, salt, remaining 2 Tablespoons sugar, and butter or margarine. Pulse until thoroughly incorporated. With food processor running, slowly drizzle yeast mixture through feed tube until ball forms. Run machine for about 2 minutes to knead dough thoroughly.
- Remove dough from processor and place in a well greased bowl, turning to coat top. Cover and let stand in a warm place for 15 minutes.
- Punch down dough. Divide dough in half; shape one portion of dough into 12 balls. Place in a greased 8 or 9-inch square pan. Repeat with remaining half of dough. Cover pans and let rise in a warm place for 15 minutes.
- Bake at 425°F for 10-15 minutes or until rolls are golden brown.
Join The Conversation