1/1 Photo of 50% Whole Wheat Biscuits
Not signifigantly lower in fat or calories than the regular, but higher in fibre, anyway!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Put flour, baking powder, and salt in a food processor and pulse to mix.
- 2Cut the butter into chunks, drop on top of the flour mix, and pulse again, several short bursts, until it is in bits the size of split peas.
- 3Sprinkle 1/2 cup of the cold milk over the mixture, and pulse. Add a little more milk and pulse again, continuing until the mix just comes together into a ball.
- 4Wrap the dough in wax paper or plastic wrap, and refrigerate for 1/2 hour.
- 5Roll out the dough to 1/2", and cut into circles with an average-size coffee cup (flour the rim), or your favourite cutter.
- 6Bake at 450 on an ungreased baking sheet for approximately 10-12 minutes.
Browse Our Top Rolls/Biscuits Recipes
Nutritional Facts for 50% Whole Wheat Biscuits
Serving Size: 1 (564 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 180.2
- Calories from Fat 91
- Total Fat 10.2 g
- Saturated Fat 6.3 g
- Cholesterol 26.9 mg
- Sodium 394.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 19.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.8 g
- Sugars 0.0 g
- Protein 3.6 g