Prep 10 mins
Cook 12 mins
Not signifigantly lower in fat or calories than the regular, but higher in fibre, anyway!
Make and share this 50% Whole Wheat Biscuits recipe from Food.com.
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 cup white flour
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 3⁄4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1⁄2 cup butter (cold)
- 3⁄4 cup milk (cold)
- Put flour, baking powder, and salt in a food processor and pulse to mix.
- Cut the butter into chunks, drop on top of the flour mix, and pulse again, several short bursts, until it is in bits the size of split peas.
- Sprinkle 1/2 cup of the cold milk over the mixture, and pulse. Add a little more milk and pulse again, continuing until the mix just comes together into a ball.
- Wrap the dough in wax paper or plastic wrap, and refrigerate for 1/2 hour.
- Roll out the dough to 1/2", and cut into circles with an average-size coffee cup (flour the rim), or your favourite cutter.
- Bake at 450 on an ungreased baking sheet for approximately 10-12 minutes.
This recipe makes very tender and flaky biscuits. Baking powder biscuits are an ongoing favorite in this house and these will be back on the menu. The dough is very workable with being not too wet or dry. Made for PAC, Spring '10.
I was happy with these tasty buiscuits all the way around ~ Easy to make & very nice on the taste buds! I always have flavored butters around & we enjoyed these with an orange butter, but they're also wonderful with a bit of dark honey! [Tagged, made & reviewed in Healthy Choices ABC tag]