Recipe by AZPARZYCH
This is from my Great Grandmother. Serving size is approximate; depends on size bars are cut. Cook time is actually time need to chill in fridge.
Top Review by shanimic
i tried this a few months ago and im making it again for xmas and its really good. i changed the crust though because some family members dont like walnuts so i used a graham cracker crust and its fabolous! just follow the rest of the directions, i made the crust from scratch so it was much thicker and tastes a lot better than trying to use a store bought one
- 1⁄2 cup margarine, softened
- 1 cup flour
- 1 cup walnuts, chopped
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 8 ounces cream cheese, room temperature
- 2 (3 1/2 ounce) boxes instant vanilla pudding
- 1 (20 ounce) can pineapple, crushed
- 24 ounces Cool Whip
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Layer 1: Mix together margarine, flour and chopped walnuts.
- Press into bottom of a 9x13 pan and bake 15 minutes.
- Layer 2: Cream together sugar and cream cheese; fold in one cup cool whip; spread over crust.
- Layer 3: Mix pudding according to box instructions; pour over cream cheese mixture.
- Layer 4: Spread crushed pineapple over pudding
- Layer 5: Spread remaining 16 oz Cool Whip over pineapple.
- Chill 1-2 hours before serving.