Recipe by alisha.mills
From the 300-Calori one-dish meals book. Have not tried it yet but seems like a keeper.
- Pam cooking spray
- 2 1⁄2 ounces hot Italian turkey sausage
- 3⁄4 lb boneless skinless chicken breast, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1⁄2 cup chopped red bell pepper
- 1⁄2 cup chopped celery
- 1⁄2 cup uncooked white rice
- 1⁄2 cup well-drained and slivered canned water chestnut
- 1⁄4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground sage
- 1⁄8 teaspoon black pepper
- 2⁄3 cup condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 1⁄3 cup buttermilk
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1⁄8 teaspoon garlic powder
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Spray 10inch ovenproof skillet with Pam and brown sausage over high heat for about 2 minutes. Set aside on paper towel to allow grease to continue to drain.
- Wipe out pan and respray. Brown chicken until thoroughly cooked over high heat. Remove chicken with sausage using slotted spoon to leave behind the drippings.
- Reduce heat to Med-High and add onion, red pepper, and celery to pan sauteeing about 3 minutes or until richly browned and tender crisp.
- Add remaining ingredients including sausage and chicken. Use parsley and paprika to sprinkle on top.
- Bake uncovered for 50-60 minutes or until rice is tender.