Blue Plate Macaroni and Cheese with Ham
My Aunt Kay co-owned a restaurant and this is her special recipe. A MUST for left-over ham! Over the years I've made it easier and single family sized. ENJOY!
- Ready In:
- 1 package macaroni and cheese mix (I prefer velveeta type)
- 1 cup beef gravy (jar)
- 2 tablespoons chopped onions
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cup cubed ham
- 1 tablespoon butter
- Fix mac n' cheese as directed on package, but a bit al dente.
- Saute onions in butter/oil for 5 minutes.
- Mix with gravy.
- Add ham, gravy, and cheese to macaroni, mix well.
- (reserve a bit of cheese for top).
- Bake at 350 for 25 minutes.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
My wife requested mac and cheese with ham for her birthday dinner so I found this recipe. I loved it! Unfortunately she didn't. She didn't like the flavor the gravy imparted to the dish, or I would have given it 5 stars. I used regular Kraft mac and cheese, and doubled the recipe. But, I omitted the onion as my wife is allergic.Reply
I gave this recipe 3 stars. I made this for my families dinner. I had some ham I wanted to use up. When I made this I used Kraft mac & cheese. I also used canned gravy which I used the whole 10oz can. I left the cheese off the top. Overall I'd make this for sure. Thanks for posting a good recipe. Christine (internetnut)Reply
Definitely a kid-pleaser. The beef gravy adds extra flavor and moistness, but doesn't alter the color of the mac & cheese. I used a bit more onion and ham .... just because I had more ham to use up. All of the kids loved this. It's so easy to make, too. I'll make this for the kiddos again. Thanx for posting this.Reply
see 1 more