1/2 Photos of 3-Bean Salad With Marinated Sweet Onions and Roasted Peppers
1 hr 15 mins
Pokey in San Antonio, TX's Note:
There are a lot of bean salad recipes out there, but this one is far and away the best I've ever come across. Try to find Vidalia onions, but any sweet onion will do.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 2/3 cup olive oil
- 1 teaspoon cilantro (minced)
- 1/2 teaspoon thyme (minced)
- 1/2 teaspoon basil (minced)
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon honey mustard
- 1 garlic clove (minced)
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans
- 1 (15 ounce) can pinto beans
- 1 (15 ounce) can white navy beans
- 2 (7 ounce) jars roasted sweet peppers (drained and chopped)
- 1Salad Dressing: In a mixing bowl, combine all ingredients. Process in food processor until smooth. Makes 2/3 cup.
- 2Salad: Drain beans in colander. Place in large bowl with peppers. Add 1/2 cup of prepared salad dressing and toss gently. Cover and refrigerate at least 1 hour, preferably overnight.
- 3Reserve and refrigerate remaining salad dressing.
- 4Onion Garnish: In another bowl, toss the onion with the vinegar sugar and 1/2 teaspoon salt. Cover and refrigerate.
- 5At serving time, adjust seasoning on beans. Add remaining salad dressing, if desired.
- 6Garnish with sliced onion mixture.
Browse Our Top Onions Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Onions Recipes
Nutritional Facts for 3-Bean Salad With Marinated Sweet Onions and Roasted Peppers
Serving Size: 1 (155 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 377.0
- Calories from Fat 170
- Total Fat 18.9 g
- Saturated Fat 2.6 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 280.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 40.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 14.0 g
- Sugars 2.7 g
- Protein 12.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
roasted sweet peppers