Recipe by MsKittyKat
This salad was served at a potluck luncheon at work today and is just to die for. I hope you enjoy it as much as I did. Cook time is refrigeration time.
Top Review by angitude21
This is a recipe that has been in my family for years and an easier way to make it is, mix the sugar, mayo and cheese together, cover and refrigerate over night as well and just before serving, pour the mayo mixture over the salad and gently stir everything together.
- 1 head iceberg lettuce
- 1 head cauliflower
- 1 lb bacon
- 1 medium white onion
- 1⁄3 cup white sugar
- 1 cup mayonnaise (Hellman's preferred)
- 1⁄2 cup grated parmesan cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook bacon, crumble and set aside.
- Place the following items in order listed into a big bowl: Lettuce (torn into bite size pieces), Cauliflower (broken into small pieces), Onion (chopped or sliced- your choice), Crumbled bacon Sprinkle all sugar on top of salad.
- Mix mayo and parmesan cheese- spread on top of salad.
- Cover with plastic wrap then aluminum foil.
- Refrigerate overnite.
- Drain water from salad, mix and serve.