24 hrs 15 mins
If you're looking for a good tasting, not all that fancy but fancy enough to serve company or take to a potluck this is the recipe. This recipe must be refrigerated overnight and do not use any other brand of mayonnaise except Hellman's. Skipping these two steps does make a difference. Make sure ingredients are sealed in good with the mayonnaise.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 head lettuce
- 1 (8 ounce) package frozen peas, keep frozen
- parmesan cheese, grated in can
- 2 tomatoes, cut into wedges
- 1 cup onion, diced
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1 cup celery, sliced thin
- 2 cups Hellmann's mayonnaise, must use Hellman's
- 2 eggs, hard boiled and sliced
- 6 ounces water chestnuts, sliced
- 3/4 lb bacon, fried and crumbled (not bacon bits)
- 1Shred lettuce, put in a 9x13 inches pan. On top of this sprinkle onions, celery and chestnuts in layers.
- 2Break frozen peas and sprinkle on top.
- 3Spread mayonnaise over top like a frosting to the edge of dish, sealing in ingredients.
- 4Spread on sugar and grated cheese to cover top.
- 5Cover and refrigerate over night.
- 6Before serving top with bacon and decorated with egg slices and tomatoes wedges.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for 24 Hour Lettuce Salad
Serving Size: 1 (221 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 419.8
- Calories from Fat 289
- Total Fat 32.2 g
- Saturated Fat 7.7 g
- Cholesterol 72.5 mg
- Sodium 678.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 26.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.7 g
- Sugars 10.5 g
- Protein 8.0 g