Prep 1 hr 15 mins
Cook 2 mins
All I have to say, is that I'm obsessed with this recipe... I've never tasted better fudge! It's so good... although it's VERY sweet and VERY rich! Prep time includes chill time.
- 1 lb powdered sugar
- 2⁄3 cup cocoa
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 cup milk
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1⁄2 cup butter or 1⁄2 cup margarine
- 1⁄2 cup chopped nuts (optional)
- Sift powdered sugar, cocoa, and salt into a 1 quart microwave safe bowl.
- Stir in milk and vanilla.
- Mix well.
- Place butter on top.
- Microwave on high, 2 minutes.
- Beat with wooden spoon until smooth.
- Stir in nuts (OPTIONAL).
- Spread in 8 X 8 X 2 inch baking pan.
- Chill about 1 hour or until firm.
- Cut into 36 pieces.
Made this to the recipe and it was nothing like fudge of any kind. It was like eating blocks of cake icing.
Absolutely wonderful! We really enjoyed this desert. My husband and kids could not wait until it cooled. They kept sneaking a taste. I only stirred the powered sugar, cocoa and salt. I then put the milk and margarine on top and microwaved the ingredients. I then put the vanilla in and stirred the fudge with a wooden spoon. I lined my dish with wax paper for easier clean-up. It worked wonderfully.
This is the easiest fudge recipe ever!! I also make peanut butter fudge this way. Only add 1/4 cup cocoa and 1/2 cup of peanut butter!!!