Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
Who says sophisticated hors d'oeuvres have to be complicated? This pate takes about 15 minutes to prepare, yet has the flavor of centuries of Old World tradition. Can be made several days ahead of time.
- 1 lb chicken liver
- 1 cup onion, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1⁄2 cup heavy cream
- 3 tablespoons brandy (or bourbon)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- Cook onion and garlic in 1 tbsp of the butter until soft.
- Add chicken livers, herbs, salt and pepper and cook until livers are pink inside.
- Add brandy, cream and the rest of the butter; puree until smooth in a food processor.
- Transfer to terrine, cover and chill.
- Serve with crostini and crackers.
Super easy, utterly smooth and yummy. I was surprised at how sweet it is. I used about a half-teaspoon each of the herbs (dried). I'll make this again.
absolutely delicious!!! I used herbs de provance. The spreading consistancy right out of the refrigerator is perfect. I froze some for later, and it froze beautifully. Thanks for a great, easy recipe.