1/1 Photo of 10 Minute Sponge Pudding
dimensionally transcendental's Note:
I have no idea where I found this recipe but of all the sponge pudding recipes I have tried this is the easiest, nicest and most versatile. I don't use any other.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Cream the butter and sugar together.
- 2Add the eggs and vanilla essence.
- 3Add the flour, milk and lemon zest.
- 4Put the golden syrup in the bottom of a two pint bowl.
- 5Spoon the mixture on top.
- 6Cover and place in the microwave.
- 7Cook on high for 3.5 minutes. Sometimes, the pudding needs another 1.5 minutes on top of this.
- 8Variations: Any flavourings can be omitted or added. For example, add raisins (leaving our the syrup) and you have spotted dick!
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for 10 Minute Sponge Pudding
Serving Size: 1 (130 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 477.8
- Calories from Fat 210
- Total Fat 23.3 g
- Saturated Fat 13.8 g
- Cholesterol 160.5 mg
- Sodium 52.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 62.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.8 g
- Sugars 29.6 g
- Protein 6.8 g