Unbeliveable! High Calcium yet Light Bread Pudding
photo by Just Happy
- Ready In:
- 6 slices low calorie bread
- 4 egg whites
- 1 cup fat free and sugar free yogurt
- 1⁄4 cup nonfat milk
- 2 tablespoons Splenda granular
- Preheat oven to 380°F.
- Tear bread slices apart to chunks or cubes.
- Place bread in a shallow square pan.
- Beat egg whites in a medium bowl.
- Stir in splenda granular.
- Add in yogurt and milk, beating at the same time to combine.
- Pour mixture evenly over bread.
- Make sure it soaks the bread - you might have to use your hands to dip the bread and make them even.
- Bake in oven for about 15 minutes, or until top is golden brown and egg mixture is set.
- The yogurt is the secret ingredient - it gives a good texture and combines with the egg so the pudding still sets, and the yogurt adds sweetness without you needing to add extra sugar - a great calorie saver!
- Feel free to experiment with different yogurt flavors! I used mixed berry yogurt and it smelled great!
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I LOVE cooking, recipes, foodie blogs, sites, shows etc. - just food in general! I also take cooking classes and aspire to be a great chef (not professionally though) one day.