Zucchini, Squash and Corn Casserole
photo by Sassy J
- Ready In:
- 1hr 15mins
- 1 1⁄2 lbs yellow squash, sliced 1/4 in thick
- 1 1⁄2 lbs zucchini, sliced 1/4 in thick
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 2 cups sweet onions, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 cups fresh corn kernels
- 1 1⁄2 cups white cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 teaspoons black pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄2 cups fresh breadcrumbs
- 1 cup asiago cheese, grated
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Boil yellow squash and zucchini 5 minutes or until crisp-tender. Drain. Dry with paper towels.
- Saute onion in 2 tbs butter over medium high heat 10 minutes or until tender. Add garlic and saute 2 minutes more.
- Mix squash, onion, corn and the rest of the ingredients except the breadcrumbs and Asiago. Add 1/2 cup each of the breadcrumbs and Asiago to the mixture. Pour into a greased 13x9 inch baking dish.
- Melt 2 tbs butter and mix in remaining breadcrumbs and Asiago. Sprinkle over casserole.
- Bake 45 to 50 minutes. Let stand 15 minutes before serving.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!