Zucchini, Jalapeno, Cheddar Crustless Quiche
This is just what I created for breakfast this morning. It's summer so we're having zucchini for breakfast, lunch and dinner, snacks and in our dreams. Throw in whatever cheese you have on hand. Don't have jalapenos? Use fresh herbs. Anything goes!
- Ready In:
- 1hr 5mins
- 1 large zucchini, quartered and sliced
- 1 onion, quartered and sliced
- 1 jalapeno, seeds and membranes removed, then chopped
- 1 -2 cup cheddar cheese, grated
- 4 eggs, beaten
- 1 - 1 1⁄2 cup milk
- salt and pepper
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
- Saute the onion, zucchini and jalapeno until soft.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Beat your eggs into a large (4-6 Cup) measuring bowl.
- Add enough milk or cream to measure 2 cups.
- In a deep pie dish spread evenly out the zucchini mixture, top that with the cheese and pour the egg mixture over it all.
- Bake in the oven for 40-45 minutes, or until the middle is no longer shaky.
- Remove from the oven and let rest about 5 minutes before cutting into it.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
RECIPE MADE WITH LOVE BY
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
This recipe has been a "Life Saver" for my garden bounty of Zucchini this Summer. Easy and quick to put together and super tasty. It's also very flexible. My favorite kind of recipe. The first time I made it I only used 1 Cup of milk and still do. Otherwise made as written. It was perfect and we enjoyed it. However, DH and I wanted to kick it up a notch. Now I make it with 2 or 3 jalapenos. (No! It's not too spicy.) There have been times I add cooked bacon bits. I have even topped it with diced fresh garden tomatoes before I pop it in the oven. No matter what I do, it always turns out great. Thank you Penny for a keeper and a favorite. :)2Reply