Potato, Spinach & Chive Frittata
photo by PaulaG
- Ready In:
- Heat oil& 1 tbsp of the butter in a 10 inch skillet over medium heat.
- Add potatoes& saute until brown& tender, about 8 to 10 minutes.
- Sprinkle with rosemary, season with salt& pepper and reserve in a bowl.
- Wipe out skillet.
- Wash& stem spinach; place in saucepan on medium heat.
- Cover& steam until spinach is tender, about 2 minutes.
- Place in colander& cool slightly; squeeze out all excess water& chop.
- Stir eggs, cream, cheese, chives, salt& pepper in a large bowl.
- Add potatoes& spinach.
- Preheat broiler to high.
- Place skillet over medium-low heat& add last tbsp of butter.
- When melted, add egg mixture.
- Cook slowly until bottom is set, stirring occasionally, about 10 minutes.
- The top will be slightly liquid.
- Place skillet under broiler until top is just set.
- Turn onto a serving platter& cut into wedges.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Dear C.L., I do make frittatas often. Made this recipe for tiffin yesterday and got an update from DH that he loved it. I added minced roast beef that I had made the previous night and some chopped green chillies and coriander leaves instead of the chives(was not avlbl in the supermarket) and cheddar cheese instead of the gruyere cheese (never used it it is avlbl they say but never seen it myself) and followed the rest of the instructions very religiously. (I did keep some for DS and meself too for b'fast and we gave it a thumbs up too. Fay
Wonderful brunch! I left out the vegetable oil and used only butter. I washed the spinach and leaving some moisture put it in a microwavable bowl and microwaved for 45 seconds, drained and chopped before adding to the egg mixture. Instead of whipping cream I substitited fat free half-and-half. Instead of putting in the oven, I covered the pan with a tight fitting lid and allowed to cook until set. Served this with my whole wheat sourdough biscuits and fresh fruit.
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
In the words of Tracy Byrd, "I'm from the country & I like it that way"!! On May 1, 2008 my husband and I started a new adventure. We'll be living in a 37 foot RV while our new home is under construction. Its out in the country on a dead end dirt road with lots of trees. For the next 4 months or so, most meals will be cooked on the BBQ and life will be full of challenges! We love spending quality time with our friends & family - especially the grandkids!! The photo is 4 generations - my 84 year old mother, myself, my daughter & my youngest granddaughter - taken at the end of 2006. I've participated in many contests & events here on Zaar but this is the first banner that I've posted. My thanks to Dreamgoddess for hosting the contest & SusieD for the banner design! <img src="http://i48.photobucket.com/albums/f249/Dreamgoddess555/Narrow1-1.jpg">