Zucchini Hamburger Pie
- Ready In:
- 1⁄2 lb hamburger
- 4 medium zucchini
- 2 tomatoes, peeled and sliced or an 8 ounce can of whole tomatoes sliced
- 1⁄2 cup dried breadcrumbs
- 1⁄4 cup parmesan cheese
- 1⁄2 cup green pepper (chopped)
- 1 teaspoon fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 small onion, minced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- pastry crust
- Brown hamburger with onion and dry seasoning.
- Line a large, deep pie pan with pastry crust.
- Slice2 zucchini and alternate with layers of meat mixture into the pie crust.
- Top with tomato slices.
- If the tomatoes are not juicy and ripe, add a bit of tomato juice.
- You may use an 8 ounce can of whole tomatoes sliced.
- Top with pastry, cut a small hole and dust with pepper.
- Bake in a 350'F.
- If you are going to make this recipe crustless, you can make in a square baking pan.
- This recipe freezes superbly.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
I followed the recipe (crustless) as exact as I could. I used the canned tomatoes. I wasn't sure whether "dry seasonings" included the bread crumbs and cheese, so i added those on top. I put salt and pepper on each layer, and it was totally tasteless. Sorry, but as much as I'd like to, I just can't give this a better rating on this end.
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
My husband and I moved to Las Vegas after retirement in 2000. We lived in South Bend, IN for about 26 years. We both like to travel and we have taken up RV camping and enjoy it a lot. Most of our camping is done in Nevada Utah Arizona and So. California. During the summers our (almost) 9 year old Granddaughter will go with us sometimes. Our Daughter, Son-in-law, and Granddaughter have lived in Las Vegas since January 2001.