- Ready In:
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 1⁄2 onion, chopped
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can tomato soup
- 1 (15 ounce) can green beans
- 5 large potatoes
- milk (to mash potatoes)
- 2 tablespoons butter
- Cook potatoes until tender, mash with milk, butter, salt and pepper.
- While potatoes are cooking, brown ground beef and onions, drain off fat.
- Drain liquid from green beans.
- Stir tomato soup and green beans in to ground beef.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Turn beef mixture in to a 1 1/2-quart casserole dish.
- Spoon mashed potatoes over the top.
- Bake, uncovered, in a 350°F oven for 30 minutes.
- (Note: you may want to place a sheet of foil under the casserole dish, this tends to "bubble over").
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
Join The Conversation
I have been making this recipe for years. I got it out of a Better Homes and Gardens cookbook in the early 80's. The only difference is that I add an egg to the potatoes (after butter and before milk). They seem to get a little lighter and hold up better. And I sprinkle shredded cheddar cheese on top of the potatoes before baking.