Yogurt Deviled Eggs
- Ready In:
- 6 hard-boiled eggs
- 1⁄4 cup plain low-fat yogurt
- 1 teaspoon minced onion
- 1 teaspoon parsley flakes or 1 teaspoon dried chives
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 3⁄4 teaspoon prepared mustard
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt (optional)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 dash paprika
- Cut eggs in half lengthwise.
- Remove yolks and set aside.
- Mash yolks with fork and blend in remaining ingredients.
- Refill whites using about 1 tablespoon yolk mixture for each egg half.
- You can also mix everything up by placing the yolks in a plastic storage bag.
- Add remaining ingredients except egg white halves to the bag.
- Close bag and knead the bag until everything is well blended and smooth.
- Push the contents toward the corner.
- Snip about 1/2 inch off the corner of the bag.
- Squeezing the bag gently, fill the reserved whites with yolk mixture.
- Chill to blend flavors.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
This is a picture of me and my husband in Portugal, climbing up above the clouds with our bikes. Right now we are travelling around the world on our bicycles, so I only pop onto Zaar occasionally, when internet connections and time allow me to. If I don't reply to a message about one of my recipes, now you know why! Our trip may take several years so if it's urgent, it's probably better for you to post in the forums ;) Good food is really important to me -- I am happy to pay extra for food that I feel is produced in a sustainable and ethical way and always try to eat using seasonal produce. When we were in the UK we rarely shopped at supermarkets, trying instead to favour small producers, although we were very lucky in that we lived in London and there was lots of choice. We also were fortunate enough to have a weekly organic veg box delivered to our door, filled with so many lovely vegetables for very little money. It really opened my horizons in terms of the variety of vegetables I eat. If you're in the UK, check out Riverford for a box supplier as they're amazing! When I'm not eating I love to take pictures and travel with my husband. <img src="http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y53/DUCHESS13/World%20Tour/ZWT2.gif">