Yoghurt Corn Muffins With Corn
- Ready In:
- 125 g fine polenta or 125 g cornmeal
- 55 g flour (I use spelt)
- 70 g whole wheat flour (I use spelt)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 tablespoon sugar (more if you like it sweeter)
- 125 g yoghurt
- 1⁄4 cup water, about
- 1 egg, beaten
- 200 g corn kernels (I use canned)
- 125 g cheese, shredded (optional)
- In a big bowl combine all of the dry ingredients (polenta through to sugar) and mix well. Make a well in the centre.
- In a separate bowl combine yoghurt and egg. Add corn kernels, water and cheese if using. Mix well and pour into the well in the dry ingredients. Mix to form a soft, thick dough. If it its too dry, add more water tbs by tbs until your dough looks right (it should be creamy and thick, very much like cake dough).
- Pour into prepared muffin tins.
- Bake in the preheated oven at 200°C/400°F for 15-20 minutes or until lightly golden and baked through.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
Join The Conversation
Made this recipe with the indicated combo of cornmeal, all-purpose flour & whole wheat flour & included the optional cheese (cheddar), all of which made for some VERY TASTY MUFFINS! I particularly liked the inclusion of yogurt here & will happily make these again! Thanks for sharing the recipe! [Tagged, made & reviewed for the VIP in the Vegetarian/Vegan Recipe Swap 16]