Whole Wheat Yeast Free Herbed Pizza Dough
This crust has a nice and fluffy texture with added flavour. An excellent pair to my white pizza recipe # 101269. Makes one 12 to 15" crust.
- Ready In:
- 1 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1⁄4 cup cornmeal
- 3⁄4 teaspoon granulated sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried Italian herb seasoning or 1/2 teaspoon other herbs
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 3⁄4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 1⁄4 cups plain fat-free yogurt
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- In a large bowl combine flours, cornmeal, sugar, herbs, baking powder and baking soda; Mix well.
- In a seperate bowl mix together yogurt and oil.
- Add yogurt mixture to flour mixture; mix until well combined and a soft dough forms.
- Knead dough lightly, about 1-2 minutes.
- Roll our or press dough evenly in a lightly greased pan.
- Top with toppings and bake at 400F 20 minutes or until done.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
Absolutely wonderful and way beyond my expectations! I made this for a lunch pizza today and even my finicky children loved it! Only took about 20 minutes. We are trying to avoid yeast and sugar and this recipe is a keeper! Recipe makes enough for 2 pizzas, so I cut the ingredients in half for just one. Thanks for such a great recipe!Reply
I did not like this at all. Sorry. I'm not one to give bad reviews, nut this one made me look bad. I even tried a trial batch in the morning. Thought it was bland and needed salt, as the recipe calls for none. All baked goods need salt. Mine puffed up to double the original thickness, which wasn't that big a deal, but I couldn't use my pizza stone, because the dough has no real support to it so you can't really slid a fully topped pizza off a peel and onto a stone like you would a normal pizza. Plus, I don't think that a quick bread is right for pizza dough. The texture is all wrong, the aftertaste was odd and the whole thing kinda fell apart when I sliced it. Next time, if I'm in a rush, I'll grab on of those Pillsbury pizza dough tubes.Reply
see 13 more