Weight Watcher's Asian Skillet Shrimp and Sugar Snap Peas
- Ready In:
- 2 teaspoons canola oil
- 2 teaspoons gingerroot, freshly grated
- 1 garlic clove, minced (to taste)
- 1 small red onion, thinly sliced
- 2 cups uncooked sugar snap peas
- 1 lb uncooked shrimp, frozen, large, thawed, drained, peeled and deveined
- 1 cup chicken broth, divided
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons low sodium soy sauce
- 1⁄4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes (to taste)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon unpacked brown sugar
- 2 cups cooked brown rice
- Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet or wok over medium-high heat. Add garlic, ginger and onion; cook, stirring frequently, 1 minute. Add sugar snap peas; cook until tender crisp, stirring frequently, about 3 minutes. Add shrimp; cook until shrimp are almost cooked through and turn pink; about 3 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, mix together 1/4 cup broth and cornstarch; stir until well blended. Add remaining 3/4 cup broth and soy sauce.
- Pour broth mixture into skillet, scraping up any browned bits with a spoon; stir in red pepper flakes and brown sugar. Reduce heat to low and simmer just until sauce thickens and shrimp are completely cooked, about 2 minutes. Serve over rice. Yields about 1 cup shrimp-vegetable mixture and 1/2 cup rice per serving.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!