- Ready In:
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 (6 ounce) package chicken and garlic rice vermicelli mix (rice a roni)
- 1 cup frozen onion and three pepper blend
- 1 (14 ounce) can chicken broth
- 3⁄4 cup water
- 1 dried bay leaf
- 1⁄2 lb fully cooked chorizo sausage, cut into bite sized pieces
- 1⁄2 cup frozen baby peas
- 1 rotisserie-cooked chicken, cut into six serving pieces
- 1 cup cooked deveined peeled medium shrimp, thawed and tails removed
- In 12 inch skillet, heat oil over medium high heat.
- Add rice mix and stir fry vegetables; cook 2 to 3 minutes, stirring constantly, until rice mix begins to brown.
- Stir in broth, water, bay leaf and seasoning packet from rice mix.
- Heat to boiling; reduce heat to low.
- Cover; simmer 5 minutes.
- Stir in sausage and peas.
- Add chicken pieces.
- Heat to boiling over medium-high heat; reduce heat to low.
- Cover; simmer 10 minutes.
- Stir in shrimp.
- Cover; cook about 5 minutes or until shrimp and chicken are thoroughly heated.
- Remove bay leaf before serving.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
<p>Hello! I am in Nebraska with three of my four children and a husband of 20 yrs.(the fourth child is in the Army stationed at Fort Bragg) I get to be a stay home mom and LOVE it.(which gives me time to look for new recipes...LOL) We like to camp, play sports,watching movies and lots more. I have a fairly large collection of recipe books, but then you can't ever have enough...right? I came across this site(recipezaar) and instantly fell in love with it. I am sooooo glad I found it.<img src=http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b399/susied214/permanent%20collection/adoptedspring08.jpg alt= /> <img src=http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b280/carolinamoon21/Ingredients/CameraLesschef-STICKER.jpg alt= /> <br /><img src=http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a254/Sharon123/Copyoftag300-banner.jpg border=0 alt=Susie's Banner for Newest Zaar Tag /> <br /><img src=http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a254/Sharon123/NZT-2-AnnaciasZaarTagbanner.jpg border=0 alt=Annacia's banner for Zaar Tag /></p>