Super Easy Paella
- Ready In:
- 1hr 25mins
- 1 red pepper, chopped
- 1 green pepper, chopped
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 16 ounces stewed tomatoes
- 1 (14 ounce) can chicken broth
- 1 cup water
- 2 cups parboiled rice (Uncle Ben's is parboiled)
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 lb shrimp
- 1 lb scallops
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken
- Chop the chicken into 1 inch chunks.
- Salt, pepper and garlic powder the meat.
- Brown in oil that has been heated in a large pot such as a Dutch Oven.
- Remove chicken and add peppers, onion, garlic, and cook until soft (about 10 minutes).
- Remove and put with chicken.
- In the same pot, combine, the tomatoes (you may need to cut them depending on the brand) and the liquid with the broth and water.
- Bring to a boil.
- Add turmeric and paprika and stir in the rice.
- Add the chicken and vegetables.
- Cover tightly and reduce heat to simmer (low or med low).
- Cook for 30-35 minutes or until all the liquid is absorbed.
- Add shrimp and scallops be sure to PUSH THEM TO THE BOTTOM UNDER THE RICE.
- Cook for 5-10 minutes uncovered or until the shrimp are pink.
- You may add a can of peas which I don't but it is the traditional way.
Join The Conversation
Just made this today and served it to friends. They LOVED this paella. We've all traveled a lot - with husband's employers and for pleasure. It was SO easy and delicious. I added 2 small links of Spanish choriso right before I added added the shrimp and scallops and stirred it in. Super easy and moist.