Vegetarian Cocktail Meatballs
- Ready In:
- 2hrs 1min
- 2 lbs small vegetarian meatballs (or halved regular sized ones)
- 1 (12 ounce) bottle beer
- 1 (12 ounce) bottle chili sauce
- 1 -2 cup brown sugar
- Pour chili sauce, beer & sugar into a large pot over medium-high heat. Stir well for all ingredients to combine thoroughly. Once a bit bubbly, reduce heat to low and add meatballs. Gently stir and let simmer on low, stirring occasionally for several hours or until sauce becomes very thick. The longer it cooks the more flavorful the meatballs become. Serve with toothpicks.
- *If you do not have chili sauce you can use 1 12 oz. bottle of ketchup plus 1-2 teaspoons chili powder to taste.
- **You can also use a jar of jelly(grape, currant, apple etc.) in replace of some of the sugar for a little more complex flavor.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
Pescetarian. Musician. Cook. Bartender. Wannabe gardener. I aspire to be a rock star and a farmer.