Vegan Cream of Spinach Soup
photo by The Blender Girl
- Ready In:
- 2 cups raw organic fresh spinach
- 1 cup organic zucchini (about 1 zucchini)
- 1 cup chopped red onion (about 1 medium onion)
- 1⁄4 cup scallions (about 6) or 1/4 cup green onion (about 6)
- 1⁄4 cup flat leaf parsley (a handful)
- 1⁄4 cup celery (1 large stalk)
- 4 cups strong vegetable broth
- 1 roasted garlic, bulb
- 1⁄4 - 1⁄2 cup raw cashews
- 1 dash fresh lemon juice, to taste
- celtic sea salt
- Place the garlic whole in the oven on about 400 for about 30 minutes until soft and roasted.
- In a saucepan saute onions and scallions with a pinch of celtic sea salt to bring out the sweetness until translucent.
- Add in spinach, celery, zucchini and parsley and cook for about 5 minutes.
- Add in stock and squeeze in roasted garlic pulp and bring to the boil.
- Simmer for about 20 minutes until the veggies are cooked through.
- Allow to cool slightly and then puree in the blender with the cashews and
- return to the stove to warm and serve.
- Serve sprinkled with parsley and a grain ball. YUM!
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!