Hearty Cream of Spinach Soup
I have fallen in love with this easy, delicious soup. Yes, I know it uses a soup mix so food snobs stay away. It is only for plain ole regular folks like me. ;)
- Ready In:
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 1⁄2 cup grated carrot
- 2 cups chopped fresh spinach
- 1 envelope knorr cream of spinach soup mix
- 2 1⁄2 cups milk
- 1⁄8 teaspoon fresh grated nutmeg
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- In a large saucepan, let the butter melt over medium heat.
- Add in the onion, carrot, and spinach; cook and stir frequently for 3-4 minutes or until vegetables are softened.
- Add the soup mix, then the milk; whisk until mixture is smooth.
- Bring to a boil, add in nutmeg and pepper; lower heat to medium-low and simmer 5 minutes or so before serving.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
Join The Conversation
I had to do some modifications to this as apparently (in Canada at least) Knorr no longer makes the Cream of Spinach soup mix - it isn't even listed on their website. As per another reviewer's suggestion I tried it with Cream of Leek. We liked it. I don't know if I will make it again but if I do I will try to modify it without the soup mix at all. Thanks for posting.