Vegan Banana-Nut Muffins
I am not a vegan, but tried to be for a couple weeks and this is one recipe that has really stuck with me. It's high-fiber, super healthy, and so good!
- Ready In:
- 1 1⁄3 cups wheat flour (or other flour)
- 1⁄2 cup unrefined sugar (you can use regular sugar if you don't have Raw Cane Sugar or Turbinado)
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3⁄4 cup oat bran (or you can use plain instant dry oatmeal)
- 1⁄2 cup chopped walnuts
- 2 over-ripe mashed bananas
- 1⁄3 cup olive oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2⁄3 cup rice milk (you can use soy or regular milk if you prefer)
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Mix dry ingredients together.
- In a large bowl, mix wet ingredients together, separate from the dry ingredients.
- Gradually mix the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients.
- Place mixture into greased muffin tin.
- Bake for 20 minutes.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
see 10 more