Vanilla Crazy Cake
- Ready In:
- 1 1⁄4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1⁄3 cup vegetable oil
- 3⁄4 cup milk
- 1⁄4 cup chopped pecans
- 1⁄2 cup chocolate chips, melted (real semisweet)
- Heat oven to 350°F.
- Combine flour, sugar, baking powder and salt in a 8-inch baking pan. Set aside.
- Stir together egg and vanilla in a small bowl with wire whisk. Make two indentations in flour mixture; pour oil in one and egg mixture in the other. Pour milk over flour mixture;mix well. Stir in pecans.
- Bake for 30 to 40 minutes or until wooden toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Sprinkle chocolate chips over warm cake. Let stand for 2 minutes; slightly swirl chocolate chips.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I would like to welcome you to my recipes. I have been with Food.com since 10/05. My beloved husband, Tom, passed away 3 years ago. My world stopped. It's taken me all this time to find my way back to life without him. I have been so blessed to have found my second, once in a lifetime. I've met an amazing man who is so good to me. We moved from Las Vegas, Nevada to Bullhead City, Az. in February, and we love it here. I have worked at Bally's and Paris hotel.casinos, in Las Vegas. I have seen some very famous entertainers, including Liza Minnelli, Penn and Teller, Ray Liotta, Dr. J (Julius Erving), Frank Sinatra and his wife Barbara Marx. and many, many more. Cooking is my passion, and I am slowly, but surely beginning to venture into the world of baking. To me, cooking is so much easier because baking is so much more exact. I love to make Italian and Mexican food the best, followed by Chinese and last, but by far the least, good old American food! How can you beat chicken fried steak, mashed potatoes and gravy?? I love to find several recipes and put my own spin on them and create a new recipe.