Twist and Shout Chicken
- Ready In:
- 1⁄2 cup orange juice
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 12 chicken pieces, skin removed
- 1 cup dry breadcrumbs
- 2 tablespoons cornmeal
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cayenne (optional)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cumin
- In a large bowl, combine the orange juice and garlic.
- Toss the chicken in the mixture and marinate for 10 minutes.
- Shake off excess liquid.
- Meanwhile, in a clean plastic bag, combine the breadcrumbs, cornmeal, paprika, sugar, chili powder, salt, mustard, cayenne and cumin.
- Add the chicken to the plastic bag and shake in the seasoned breadcrumbs until coated.
- Place on a non-stick or parchment-lined baking sheet.
- Bake in a preheated 350 degree F oven for 40 to 45 minutes or until cooked through, brown and crisp.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Chicken legs were on special at my supermarket so I bought several packs, ending up with 9 drumsticks and 9 thighs. I increased this recipe to 9 servings and the amount of breadcrumb mix was just right. These cooked up nicely, the crumb mix going nice and crispy and very tasty! I had some cold the next day for lunch and froze the remainder. Cold was good too. Defrosted in the microwave a couple of weeks later for 18 minutes on my defrost setting. It defrosted well but then I cooked it on high for a couple of minutes and ruined it. The crumb coating went all soggy and the chicken took on that cooked-in-the-microwave taste. I think I should have put them in the oven to reheat. I think it would be good cold as well. I'm going to take them out of the freezer the night before and put in my lunchbox the next time. A great once a month cooking (OAMC) project and handy to have in the freezer. Made for the OAMC freezer tag game.
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
<p>I live with my husband, four cats, and a sweet mutt named Jada in Scarborough, Ontario, where I work as an elementary school administrative assistant. I have a 31 year old daughter who lives with her boyfriend in nearby Don Mills, along with my sweet granddogs, Frankie and Turbo. I would have to say that my passion is animals, since I have so many of them! <br /><img src=http://images.quizilla.com/H/h0t5auce/1108834307_brown_answer.jpg alt= /> <br /><img src=http://www.recipezaar.com/members/home/532663/cookswithcattitude.JPG alt= /> <br /><img src=http://i146.photobucket.com/albums/r271/copperhorse58/CalendarGirlsSwap2009.jpg alt= /> <br /><br />If I had a month off work to do what I please, I would first catch up on my sleep and then just have fun - see a few movies and maybe take a couple of short trips - something that wouldn't break the bank - lol!</p>