- Ready In:
- 1hr 40mins
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1 lb mushroom, cleaned and sliced
- 3 stalks celery, peeled and chopped
- 1⁄2 cup all-purpose flour
- 3 cups 2% low-fat milk
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1⁄2 cup dry sherry
- 3 cups parmesan cheese, grated
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 lb linguine, broken in half
- 4 cups turkey breast, skin removed, and cut into bite-sized pieces
- Prehat oven to 400. Bring a large pot of salted water to boil for pasta.
- In a large sauce pan, melt 2 tablespoons butter over high heat. Add mushrooms and season with salt and peper. Cook, turning frequently, until tender and browned, 8-10 minutes. Add celery and sautee until softened. Transfer to a bowl and set aside.
- Make sauce: in same saucepan, melt remaining butter over medium heat. Add flour; cook, whisking, about 1 minute. Whisking constantly, gradually add milk, broth, and sherry. Bring to a boil, reduce to simmer, and add 2 cups parmesan and thyme. Season with salt and pepper.
- Cook pasta 2-3 minutes less than package directions; drain. Add to pot and toss well with turkey, mushrooms, and sauce. Divide between two shallow 2-quart baking dishes. Sprinkle with remaining parmesan.
- Bake until browned, about 30 minutes, or freeze. Let stand 10 minutes before serving.
- To freeze: let pasta cool to room temp, cover tightly with foil, freeze up to 3 months. Bake, covered with foil, from frozen at 400 until center is warm, about 2 hours. Uncover and bake 20 minutes until top is browned.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!