Turkey and Stuffing Soup
- Ready In:
- 4 -6 cups prepared stuffing
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 2 medium carrots, sliced thin
- 2 celery ribs, sliced thin
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 bay leaf
- 2 quarts chicken stock
- 1 1⁄2 lbs light and dark cooked turkey, diced
- 1⁄4 cup flat leaf parsley, chopped
- 1 cup green peas or 1 cup other leftover mixed vegetables
- salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and transfer stuffing into a small baking dish.
- Place dish in oven and reheat 12 to 15 minutes, until warmed through.
- Heat a pot over moderate heat and add extra-virgin olive oil.
- Add carrots, celery and onion and lightly season vegetables with salt and pepper.
- Add bay leaf and stock and bring liquid to a boil by raising heat.
- Add turkey and reduce heat to simmer.
- Simmer until any raw vegetables are cooked until tender, about 10 minutes.
- Stir in the parsley, and peas, if using.
- Remove stuffing from oven.
- Using an ice cream scoop, place a healthy scoop of stuffing in the center of a soup bowl.
- Ladle soup around stuffing ball.
- Pull spoonfuls of stuffing away as you eat through your bowl of soup.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!