Turkey and Stuffing Pot Pie
photo by Rhodes Bake-N-Serv
- Ready In:
- 1hr 15mins
- 6 rhodes frozen dinner rolls, thawed to room temperature
- 3 cups leftover prepared stuffing
- frozen peas, carrots and corn
- 1⁄2 cup chopped celery
- 1⁄3 cup butter
- 1⁄3 cup chopped onion
- 1⁄3 cup flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon celery seed
- 1⁄4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon italian seasoning
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 2 cups cubed turkey
- Spray counter lightly with non-stick cooking spray.
- Combine rolls and roll into a 10-inch circle.
- Cover with plastic wrap and let rest.
- Press leftover stuffing into a sprayed 9-inch pie plate to make a crust.
- Place peas, carrots, corn and celery in a bowl.
- Cover and microwave for 3 minutes.
- Drain and set aside.
- Melt butter in a skillet.
- Add onion and cook until onion is slightly clear.
- Combine flour, salt, pepper, celery seed, onion powder and Italian seasoning and add to onion and butter.
- Slowly whisk in chicken broth and milk until mixture is thick and simmering.
- Remove from heat. Fold in drained vegetables and turkey until well combined.
- Spoon the mixture onto the stuffing crust.
- Remove plastic wrap from dough and place dough on top of the filled pie.
- Lightly tuck dough under the edge of the pie plate.
- Cut several small slits into the crust to release steam.
- Bake at 375°F 15 minutes or until dough is golden brown.
- Cover with foil and bake an additional 15 minutes.
- *See rhodesbread.com for Savory Sausage Stuffing recipe.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
<p>Rhodes Bake-N-Serv is the brand name used by Rhodes International, Inc. which is owned and managed by Ken Farnsworth Jr., his eldest son Kenny Farnsworth, President, and Erik Lehnardt. Headquartered in Salt Lake City, Utah with plants in Columbus, Wisconsin. Rhodes Bake-N-Serv supplies grocery stores, club stores, and mass merchandisers across the United States. Rhodes is also available to restaurants, schools, and other institutions through food service distributors.<br /> <br /> Rhodes Bake-N-Serv continues the tradition of quality started by Mr. Herbert Cecil Rhodes Jr. and all the dedicated people who have made Rhodes “America’s Favorite Frozen Dough”.</p>