Triple S Grilled Pork Loin Roast
photo by BearsFanJeff
- Ready In:
- 2 1⁄2 lbs pork loin roast
For the Stuffing
- 1 apple, peeled and finely diced
- 1 small tomatoes, diced
- 1⁄4 cup onion, finely diced
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1⁄4 lb sausage, browned and crumbled
- 1⁄4 cup honey
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried basil
For the Rub
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 teaspoons horseradish
- 1 teaspoon coriander seed, crushed
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1⁄2 teaspoon celery salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon dried cilantro
- 1 teaspoon coarse salt
- 1 teaspoon cracked pepper
- Cut a deep slit down the length of the pork loin roast.
- From the inside of the roast, cut another slit into each half of the roast. The apple mix will be stuffed into these three pockets.
- Mix the ingredients for the apple stuffing.
- Stuff the apple stuffing into the pockets inside the roast.
- Tie the roast back together using kitchen twine.
- Mix the ingredients for the rub.
- Rub the entire pork loin with the rub mixture.
- Wrap in plastic wrap and refrigerate for 30 minutes or longer.
- Grill the roast using the indirect method. I use a standard Weber grill with the coals piled on one side and the pork loin away from the heat on the other side.
- Add soaked wood chips to the coals during cooking. Grill pork loin for 1 1/2 - 2 hours or until the internal temperature reaches at least 145 degrees as measured by a cooking thermometer.
- Allow loin to rest 5-10 minutes before slicing.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!