Tri-Tip Cabernet Stew
- Ready In:
- 1 -2 lb tri-tip steak (fat-trimmed)
- 1 yellow onion
- 12 medium button mushrooms
- 1⁄4 cup soy sauce
- 1⁄2 cup Splenda granular, sugar substitute or 1/2 cup no calorie artificial sweetener
- 1⁄2 cup cabernet sauvignon wine
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 2 teaspoons ground pepper
- 1 -2 teaspoon ginger (according to taste)
- 2 tablespoons garlic and herb seasoning
- 1 -2 tablespoon virgin olive oil
- 3 medium zucchini
- 3 medium yams
- In a large mixing bowl, combine soy sauce, Splenda, Cabernet Sauvignon, garlic, pepper and ginger.
- Cut tri-tip into cubes and add to mixing bowl. Stir and mix well. Refrigerate for 30 minutes, stir and mix again, then let sit for another 30 minutes.
- Peel yams and cut into half inch thick rounds.
- Slice onion into 4 slices.
- Wash and slice zucchini into half inch think rounds.
- Pull stems from mushroom and wash.
- In a large frying pan, set on medium heat, add olive oil, marinaded tri-tip, onion and yams. Season with garlic & herb seasoning. Place lid on frying pan, cook for 10 minutes, then toss and turn ingredients, replace lid and cook for another 10 minutes.
- Add zucchini, mushrooms, garlic & herb seasoning, replace lid, cook for 5 minutes, toss and turn ingredients, replace lid and cook for another 5 minutes or until zucchini are slightly soft.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
Over 50 .. Married .. 2 grown children .. Starting cooking a little over a year ago .. I get home before my wife does, so I've been making dinners unless out-of-town on business.