This recipe uses sourdough bread along with the tomatoes and crumbled goat cheese or feta cheese. This dish can be baked and served immediately or assembled and refrigerated overnight before baking.
- Ready In:
- 8 slices sourdough bread, toasted
- 2 1⁄2 lbs large ripe tomatoes, cut into 1/4 inch slices
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh garlic, minced
- 1⁄4 cup fresh chives, snipped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- ground black pepper
- 4 ounces soft fresh goat cheese (or crumbled feta cheese)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 1⁄2 tablespoons parmesan cheese, grated
- Heat the oven to 350 degrees. Lightly coat a shallow 2-quart baking dish with olive oil or cooking spray.
- Arrange 4 slices of bread over the bottom of the baking dish, tearing to fit. Top with half the tomato slices. Sprinkle the garlic over the tomatoes, then sprinkle with half the chives. Season with salt and pepper. Crumble the goat cheese or feta over the chives and drizzle with half of the oil. Top with remaining bread slices, pressing firmly to fit. Arrange remaining tomato slices on top, then sprinkle with the remaining chives, the parmesan cheese, and additional pepper to taste. Drizzle with remaining 1 1/2 teaspoons oil. Bake for 40-45 minutes or until the cheese on top is golden and the tomatoes are soft.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
RECIPE MADE WITH LOVE BY
Join The Conversation
This was really good! I cubed the bread and mixed with the diced tomatoes and oil then added goat cheese between layers. The bread stayed crusty but was really yummy with the oil, tomatoes and cheese. I might add more oil next time just for a bit more moisture.<br/><br/>Made for ZWT8 for the bistro babes!