Tunisian Pasta Salad
This pasta salad sounds very tasty. You can add mushrooms, or feta cheese or even canned tuna. I will try it soon. From Bigoven.com
- Ready In:
- 8 ounces penne pasta
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 5 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 pinch cayenne pepper
- salt, to taste
- 1 cup cucumber, seeded and finely diced
- 1⁄2 cup kalamata olive, pitted and coarsely chopped
- 2 scallions, sliced thinly
- 1 large garlic clove, minced
- 1 lb cherry tomatoes, halved
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped parsley
- Cook pasta in boiling water with 1 tbsp salt until al dente. Drain and run cold water over it. Drain.
- Dressing: Mix oil. lemon juice, cumin, peppers, garlic and salt to taste.
- Add cucumber, olives, scallions, tomatoes and parsley to pasta. Pour dressing over it and toss well.
- Serve at room temperature.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
Join The Conversation
Good salad! I took BakinBaby's advice and adding a little bit more cucumber and tomatoes. Don't go too crazy with adding additional veggies because I think the dressing will get lost; next time I will make a double batch of the dressing. Good and refreshing! Made for ZWT9 for the Gourment Goddesses.