Tomato and Coconut Fish Curry
- Ready In:
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon brown mustard, seeds*
- 10 fresh curry, leaves*
- 1 inch piece fresh ginger, grated
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 small green serrano chili, minced
- 1 large tomatoes, chopped
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- 1 teaspoon red chili powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 lb catfish fillets or 1 lb shrimp
- 3⁄4 cup coconut milk
- Heat oil over medium heat, once it starts to simmer a bit, add the black mustard seeds.
- Once the mustard seeds begin to crackle, add the curry leaves, ginger, garlic, and serrano chili. Saute for 30 seconds to combine, and then add tomato.
- Gently cook the tomato over medium-low heat for 10-12 minutes or until the tomato softens. If the tomato starts to stick to the pan add a few tablespoons of water.
- Stir in the tumeric, chili powder, and salt. Cook for 1 minute.
- Add the shrimp or fish and cook for 5 minutes.
- Add coconut milk and return to a boil. Once a boil is reached, reduce heat to a simmer, and allow to simmer until the fish is tender.
- Serve promptly!
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I'm a recent college graduate and have finally moved away from the ordering out and easy pasta dishes. I'm on Recipe Zaar trying to build up my cooking repertoire and share my favorites with my family--each member having their own quirky cooking ways.