- Ready In:
- 1 unbaked 15 inch whole wheat pizza crust
- 350 g italian herb super firm tofu
- 1 cup tomato sauce
- 1⁄4 cup parmesan cheese
- 2 green onions, sliced
- 1 cup sliced mushrooms
- 3⁄4 cup green pepper, diced
- 1 1⁄2 cups mozzarella cheese, shredded
- Bake pizza crust at 350 degrees for 10 to 15 minutes.
- Crumble tofu.
- Mix together tofu crumbles, tomato sauce, and Parmesan cheese.
- When crust is ready, evenly spread the tofu mixture on top.
- Sprinkle with green onion, mushrooms, and green pepper. Top with mozzarella cheese.
- Bake 10 to 15 minutes more until crust is done and cheese is melted.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
I've been trying to cut down on so much meat and fat in our diet. This seemed to be a good answer for pizza. I combined <http://www.recipezaar.com/114392> with the tofu and parmesain. Topped with everything but the mozzarella and substitued a few more shavings of parmesan cheese on the top. Grilled it over the BBQ and noticed that we had some fresh basil and topped it with that. I'm a cheese lover and I did not miss the cheese as much as I thought I might. I did notice that there were no real instructions on what to do with the tofu. I pushed out the excess water through a strainer so it wouldn't make my sauce watery. Overall a nice recipe and a good way to use up my left over tofu.
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I live in Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada. I work at home as an administrative assistant. Our family is very active and very involved in the sport of Triathlon. I absolutely love collecting recipes and trying them out. My husband sometimes complains that he never gets the same meal twice -- there's always something new to try. Low calorie, nutritious, and meatless are dishes I look for. <img src="http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y53/DUCHESS13/RSC%20Banners/RSC11-Participant.jpg"> <img src="http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b399/susied214/permanent%20collection/Adopted1smp.jpg" border="0" alt="Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket"> <img src="http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b399/susied214/permanent%20collection/smPACp.jpg" border="0" alt="Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket"> <img src="http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b399/susied214/permanent%20collection/IWasAdoptedfall08.jpg" border="0" alt="Photobucket">