Toasted Coconut Rice
Also from Martha Stewart Living...served with "Honey Roasted Eggplant with Chiles" #256253
- Ready In:
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1⁄2 cup finely shredded unsweetened coconut
- 1 cup basimati rice
- 2 cups water
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 2 scallions, thinly sliced
- Heat oil in a saucepan over medium heat. Cook coconut, stirring, until golden brown, about 6 minutes.
- Set aside 2 TBS. coconut. Stir rice into pan with remaining coconut. Add water and salt, and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat, and simmer covered, until water is absorbed and rice is tender, about 20 minutes.
- Garnish with reserved coconut and scallions.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
see 1 more