The Yummiest Frozen Chocolate Cake...
- Ready In:
- 4hrs 5mins
- Blend chocolate in a food processor until it is quite fine. (if you dont have a food processor, you can grate the chocolate instead).
- Heat sugar and water over a medium heat, stirring until sugar dissolves. Increase heat and boil for 2 minutes until its slightly thickened.
- Pour hot syrup into processor with motor running. Add egg yolks, whole egg and cream. Process until smooth (or beat together in a bowl).
- Grease a 22cm cake tin and line with plastic wrap. Leave a border of wrap above the edge of the tin, to make it easy to pull it out of the tin. Pour mixture into tin and freeze for at least 4 hours. Remove from freezer 20 minutes prior to serving.
- Pull gently on plastic wrap to release cake from tin.
- Dust with cocoa powder, serve immediately with cream, and berries if liked.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
My boys loved this. They said it tasted just like a fudge pop. My son even went looking for a stick so he could eat his piece like it was. I used a whole package of hersey's kisses (unwrapped, of course) for the milk chocolate and made my own caster sugar (they don't sell that where we live). Dusted the top with cocoa powder and set some strawberries next to it. My picture turned out fuzzy....sorry.
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I am a?36 year old aussie girl,I live in a quiet country town, which is only an hour from the City of Adelaide which is the capital of SA. I love it here, I have almost 2 acres of land, so theres plenty of room to move around. I would LOVE to?have my own vegetable garden, but I do not have a green thumb. And am quite unlucky in the growing plants department.?I have 2 young sons aged 14(Jacob) and 10(Phoenix) who are the worlds pickiest eaters, and I'm always on the look out for new and yummy ways to get them to eat good nutritious food. (veggies especially) It is quite a challenge seeing as dad is almost as picky as the kids!!! But he is learning not to be afraid of trying new things. I love baking, pies and cakes mostly, and i have a weakness for roast meats and potatoes, all the good warming comfort food!