The Ultimate Sugar Cookies
Coat with red and/or green sugar for the holidays, these cookies make a wonderful addition to your holiday cookie tray! :)
- Ready In:
- 2 3⁄4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 cup butter, softened (no subs!)
- 1 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄2 teaspoon almond extract
- sugar, for coating
- Set oven to 375 degrees.
- Prepare an ungreased cookie sheet.
- In a small bowl stir together flour, baking soda and baking powder.
- In a medium or large bowl cream butter with sugar for about 3-4 minutes or until smooth.
- Add in egg, vanilla and almond extract; beat until well combined.
- Add in the creamed ingredients into the flour mixture; blend well.
- Roll rounded teaspoonfuls of the dough into small balls.
- Place the balls onto an ungreased cookie/baking sheet.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes or until golden.
- Let stand on the cookie sheet for about 2-3 minutes before removing to wire racks to cool.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
Join The Conversation
Thank you for sharing this lovely recipe Kit. We all really enjoyed these delicious cookies, they were tender, light and very flavorful. Just perfect. I made them for my grandchildren, they loved them. My granddaughter told me, Nana, these are the best cookies yet. High praise indeed. Made for What's on the Menu? Tag game.
It's not really news to rate a Kittencalskitchen recipe 5 stars. This just happened to be what I was exactly looking for. I wanted flavorful drop cookies (as opposed to something you roll out and cut into shapes) that has great flavor and texture. I rolled them in red sugar since its February but I doubt that even one of these cookies with see the 14th of the month. It's a keeper.