The Real Italian Bruschetta
we lived in naples italy for 3 years and are actually going back for 3 more. here is the authentic bruschetta recipe, guaranteed to be a huge hit.
- Ready In:
- 8 roma tomatoes, chopped into cubes
- 1⁄3 cup red onion, chopped
- 1 bunch fresh basil
- 3 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup red wine vinegar
- 1⁄2 cup olive oil
- 1 dash salt and pepper
- 1 loaf long French bread, sliced
- chop roma tomatoes, red onion, and garlic put into medium sized bowl, set aside in food processor chop the basil until very fine, add to tomato mixture.
- add red wine vinegar and oil, and salt/pepper and mix well.
- let sit.
- meanwhile grill/ or broil bread until just toasted.
- serve and watch the eyes of your guests get dreamy over the unique taste of this great dish.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
Join The Conversation
Not originally but we have made it so many times now that I have played with it ever so slightly. I have incorporated two changes - 1. substitute 2-3 shallots for the red onions giving it a richer taste and 2. I now use 1/4 cup regular wine vinegar and 1/4 cup fig infused red wine vinegar. The hint of sweet and the flavour of the figs adds a subtle but enjoyable nuance.