The Best Hamburgers Ever
photo by Juenessa
- Ready In:
- 2 lbs ground chuck
- 1 lb ground sirloin
- 3 tablespoons steak sauce (I use A1)
- 6 extra-large egg yolks
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 3⁄4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 4 tablespoons cold butter
- 12 hamburger buns
- Mix meats, steak sauce, egg yolks, salt and pepper with fork (do not over-work).
- Form mixture into 12 balls.
- Put a thin slice of butter in the middle of each ball, then flatten into patties (make sure butter is completely surrounded by meat).
- Cook for 3-5 minutes per side until done.
- Remove to plate, cover with foil, and allow to rest for 5 minutes before serving.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Very good. I think it's a solid 4 1/2 stars, but there is no "half" option, so I gave it five. Next time I will leave out the A-1 sauce and just enjoy the flavor of the quality meat and butter! I halved this recipe and made 6 burgers. I cooked them in the frying pan and they were still delicious. The butter is a wonderful idea.
see 1 more reviews