Thai Style Salmon Fillet
- Ready In:
- Start by using a pestle and mortar to crush up the garlic and ginger. Pound it in a while to release the flavor. Now add the chili and coriander and finally the lime to create a marinade.
- Now, heat a good quality pan so it's hot.
- While this happens, spread the marinade from the mortar onto the skinless side of the salmon fillet. Now add a little salt.
- Next, add a good sized knob of butter into the hot dish and place the salmon into the pan, skin size down on a medium to high heat.
- Allow the salmon to cook for about 6-8 minutes allowing the skin to become crispy and also cook the salmon a little too.
- Now turn it about, so the salmon is on the marinade bed and allow it to cook on a medium heat. Allow to cook for about 15 minutes.
- The bed will burn on the pan side, but the salmon will remain unburnt, so don't worry!
- After about 15 minutes, the salmon should be cooked through depending on the thickness of the fillet.
- Remove carefully and serve on a plate with the skin size down.
- Serve with a combination of items, including stir-fry noodles, or traditional vegetables including new potatoes, green vegetables or maybe something a little more experimental!
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!