You just can't imagine how good this is, and how easy it is to make. Sure to be one of your favorites!
- Ready In:
- 3⁄4 lb salmon fillet, cut in half
- 1 teaspoon fresh dill, chopped
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- white pepper
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Place the filets skin-side down in a baking dish.
- Squeeze the lemon over and lightly sprinkle with salt and white pepper, then sprinkle the dill over the filets and let set for fifteen minutes.
- Spread the mayonnaise evenly over the entire surface.
- Place on a high shelf in the oven, just under the broiler element, and bake for 10 to 15 minutes for each inch of thickness.
- Turn on the broiler for a few minutes, just until the mayonnaise starts to brown.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
My Gosh, this sure is good. I used dry dill weed instead of fresh. I just had a small fillet of salmon so it didn't take very long to make and the mayo got brown within 5 minutes of baking so I had to put it on the bottom shelf to finish cooking. I used a toaster oven so that maybe cooked a little faster than the oven would have. I'll make this often and maybe even try it out on some other type of fish. Thanks for sharing this recipe with us.Reply
Great recipe!!! Made this for tonight's dinner. I used Dolly Varden trout fillets. I didn't have lemon so I used lime, dried dill and a little dried thyme. I did everything else as written, cooked for 10 minutes and had the best fish dinner ever. I will definately add this to my tried and true file and use it for all my fish. Thanks so much for sharing this fabulous recipe.Reply
see 13 more