Thai Shrimp Soup (South Beach Diet Phase 2)
photo by mollygoettl
- Ready In:
4 2 cup servings
- 4 cups low sodium chicken broth
- 4 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 scallions, white and green parts thinly sliced and keep separate
- 1 inch fresh ginger, thinly sliced
- 1 serrano peppers or 1 jalapeno pepper, quartered lengthwise
- 14 ounces light coconut milk, can
- 1 lb large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 2 plum tomatoes, quartered and chopped, with their juices
- 2 teaspoons chili-garlic sauce
- 2 teaspoons fish sauce
- In a large saucepan, combine broth, lemon juice, scallion whites, ginger, and pepper. Bring to a gentle simmer over medium high heat; cover and reduce heat to medium low, and simmer gently for 20 minutes.
- Stir in coconut milk (it will appear to curdle at first), then add shrimp, tomatoes ang their juices, chili garlic sauce, and fish sauce. Return to a simmer and cook until shrimp are opaque and cooked through, about 3 minutes.
- Remove pan from the heat, divide into 4 bowls, and serve.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!