Thai Coconut Corn Soup
- Ready In:
- 1 tablespoon light olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 4 -5 scallions, white and green parts seperated, thinly sliced
- 1 medium red bell pepper, cut into short, narrow strips
- 2 (15 ounce) cans light coconut milk
- 1 1⁄2 cups rice milk
- 1 (16 ounce) bag frozen corn
- 2 teaspoons good quality curry powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon Thai red curry paste (to taste)
- 1⁄2 - 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup minced cilantro
- Heat the oil in a small soup pot. Add the garlic, the white parts of the scallions, and the bell pepper. Sauté over medium-low heat until softened and golden, about 2 to 3 minutes.
- If using the curry paste, add it to the sauteed veggies and heat it for a minute or two to release the flavors. Add the coconut milk, rice milk, corn, curry powder, and the green parts of the scallions.
- Bring to a rapid simmer, then lower the heat. Cover and simmer gently for 5 minutes. Season with salt and remove from the heat.
- Top each serving with a bit of cilantro, enjoy!
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
<p>I am originally from Lancaster, PA but left about 7 years ago when I joined the Air Force. I served 6 years and during that time I met my amazingly perfect husband, Seth. We got married on a spur of the moment thing in Hawaii and have been absolutely in love since <3. We are currently in Guam while he is finishing his enlistment in the Navy.</p> <p>I absolutely love to cook, collect recipes, and experiement with new ingredients. I enjoy gardening, sunbathing, yoga, eating lots of fruit, reading, painting, and researching healthy living.</p>