Teriyaki Pork Kabobs
- Ready In:
- 3hrs 15mins
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- salt and pepper
- 1 lb boneless pork loin, cut into 1 inch cubes
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can low sodium beef broth
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 3 portabella mushrooms, cut into quarters
- 1 large red onion, cut into 12 wedges
- 12 cherry tomatoes
- 12 bite-size fresh pineapple chunks
- FLAVOR THE MEAT: In a shallow dish, mix together 3 tablespoons soy sauce, olive oil, 1 clove minced garlic, red pepper flakes, salt, and pepper. Add pork cubes, and turn to coat evenly with marinade. Cover, and refrigerate for 3 hours.
- CREATE SAUCE TOPPING: In a saucepan, combine beef broth, cornstarch, 2 tablespoons soy sauce, brown sugar, 2 cloves minced garlic, and ginger. Bring to a boil, stirring constantly. Reduce heat, and simmer 5 minutes.
- COOKING PREP: Preheat an outdoor grill for high heat and lightly oil grate. Thread pork cubes onto skewers, alternating with mushrooms, onion, tomatoes, and pineapple chunks.
- COOKING: Cook on grill for 15 minutes, or until meat is cooked through. Turn skewers, and baste often with sauce during cooking.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!